Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Why didn't someone tell me about this before?

In response to press reports of people being paid to join the Alliance for Sleaze and Disharmony's march on Sunday, organiser Robert Chow reverted to the feeble "everybody's doing it" defence and claimed that people are also being paid (or at least bribed with free meals) to join pro-democracy rallies.  All I can say is that I wish I'd known about this earlier.  Like hundreds of thousands of other Hongkongers, I have turned out year after year in sweltering heat or pouring rain to speak out for Hong Kong's rights and freedoms, and never received a cent or a sandwich for my trouble - not even my bus fare.

So, where do I collect my arrears?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

from your Bosses of course

nulle said...

thinking of joining the dark side, eh? (or making a deal with the devil himself...)

Private Beach said...

Alas, being self-em0ployed, my boss is me. And no, I'm not joining the dark side - I just want to get paid for being on the bright side!