- Transport Secretary: It says here that the high speed rail project may be delayed by 2 years - shouldn't I inform LegCo?
- MTR Chairman: No worries, we can catch up.
- Transport Secretary: Oh, that's all right then.
Telephone conversation, April 2014:
- Someone in the MTR: I'm afraid the high speed rail project will definitely be delayed by 2 years.
- Transport Secretary: Oh my God, what a surprise! How could this happen? Why didn't someone tell me earlier? I'd better inform LegCo.
- Transport Secretary: Would you be willing to chair the independent inquiry into the high speed rail project delay?
- Professor Lee: Sure, no problem.
Telephone conversation, two hours later:
- Professor Lee: By the way, will it be any problem that I'm on the board of one of the project's main contractors?
- Transport Secretary: [Expletive deleted]