Sunday, November 06, 2016

A Basket of Deplorables

Women for Trump - I'd give 'em a 1 - maybe a 1,5 if they lose the egotistical braggart with the bad haircut.  Supporting a candidate who has made so many demeaning remarks about women indicates an alarmingly low level of self-esteem.

Then there are the men - some Trump supporters are pretty dim bulbs.  One (so obese that if I was Trump, I'd probably call him Mr Piggy) was on the TV news the other night, asking "If I don't need a permit to exercise my right to free speech [guaranteed by the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution], why do I need one to exercise my 2nd amendment rights?"

Well, if you're going to claim rights on the basis of the American Constitution, you might try reading it first.  The 2nd Amendment specifically sets gun ownership rights within the context of "a well-regulated militia".  In other words, the Founding Fathers never intended a free-for-all - they envisaged a certain level of regulation.  Which doesn't stop supposed "law-and-order" candidate Trump from insisting that even the mentally disturbed and suspected terrorists should be free to arm themselves.  Duh.

No comments: